Sunday 16 June 2013

Shine Bright Like A Diamond...


EPIC, as she would say herself!

Had the most amazing evening yesterday - first I want to thank
Marriott Hotels, for inviting us to be part of this experience,
we are ever so thankful!

A couple of weeks ago I told you how we suddenly were given tickets
and invited to Rihanna's concert at Twickenham Stadium, we 've been
more than excited about this for 2 weeks now, and it was worth all the
wait and all the hype. It exceeded all our expectations and more.

We met with our contacts from Marriott Hotels at the
Marriott Hotel Twickenham for pre-concert drinks and nibbles!
We had a chat with the rest of the people that was invited too, we
were 12 pax in total. We then headed towards the stadium through a
gate and our own little lift.

We entered Marriott's Executive VIP Box #3034, and there were drinks
and starters on the table already set up for us, we had our own host in
the box that was serving us and taking good care of us!
The Box is of course far from the stage but it was right in the middle
so you could see out over the whole stadium!
We could still see really well and the sound was really good,
but it was all about the atmosphere too.
David Guetta was the support act and he came on around 6 o'clock,
and then we were served the buffet food, we were starving so it
came at the right time, we had burgers, spring rolls, potato wedges,
quiches, ribs and so on. David Guetta was awesome, and he had so
much energy we were dancing, jumping and singing all the time!
He really did warm up the crowd properly for Rihanna!

We were served desserts just before Riri entered the stage.
She was about 30 min late, but it was worth the wait.
She started of with the first single "phresh out the runway" from
her latest album "unapologetic". She also performed some other songs
from the new album, and then also of course our favourites: Man down,
what's my name, only girl in the world, umbrella, rude boy,
where have you been, we found love, birthday cake and last
song Diamonds! However I was hoping for her to perform 
Russian Roulette, one of my favourite songs, but she never did!
Every word that she sang, felt so real and so powerful and it was
very emotional at times. I love how she started of her first slow song, 
talking to the audience about how love is "fu**ing" complicated, 
then she said: "This song is for the complicated bunch - I am one of them"
It felt so sincere and real, she is not perfect she is like one of us,
but WOW, she is so #epic!!  

And we made history indeed, this concert 
was sold out, so about 80 000 people at Twickenham Stadium last night!
The concert finished around 21:30 and we had to leave the boxes then,
we exited the stadium and  there was a ocean of people doing the same
thing of course. It took 1 hour to walk from the stadium to the station,
which normally would take 10-15 min. It was because it was
crowded, everybody was going home so the streets were full!
I had a train straight to my place it took less than 15 min, I was still so
hyped after the concert so couldn't sleep until 2 in the morning.

Today I have "relaxing" on the schedule, just made some pancakes now
and rest of the day will be spent on the sofa.

 


 


 















 



 





 

 






 








 









For the concert I decided I wanted to be comfortable yet stylish,
and since weather has been up and down I didn't want to feel cold.
So I put on my favourite white trousers from H&M and a peplum tube top
from Zara (bought last summer) and my favourite black heels from Zara
also bought last summer! I topped it off with my gold jewellery, rings and necklace
from H&M. The Ring with the big stone is from my mum and the
one on my pinkie is from Gina Tricot!

No comments:

Post a Comment